Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another self-promo from trash

10/8 ** This is not so original after all. Many people have business cards like these years ago. But, think of what other crap we can print on... Might make it more interesting.

I've been really interested in using material that has already exhausted their original purpose. Last time I posted the self-promo book by Jim Hargreaves, in this post, Dailey Crafton used old recycled chipboard from cereal boxes for his business card and basically printed on the backside of the chipboard using his Epson printer.







I really think it's creative (and in a way, also not). It does convey, however, that the designer is thinking of the environment and trying to reuse. I especially like the print-on-demand idea—it just produces less/no waste.

I might do something like this in the future for my own business cards. But, I'll try to change the front (printed cereal side; maybe add/substract/embellish...) and add my own info on the back. Without any identification that the piece of chipboard is NOT just another piece of crap, someone might accidently throw it away (or hopefully, at least recycle it).

Anyway, that's just my side of things.
Found on FPO site (again, I know. But I really like that site!) Here's the original link.

No comments:

Post a Comment